- Instructor: Scope College
- Duration: 12 months
- Eligibility: 10th – Pass / Fail, 12th any stream
- Mode: Online & Offline available
Due to the sharp hike in population, increase in the number of hospitals, and heavy investments in the healthcare sector, the need for professional and well-trained dialysis technicians is on the rise.
SCOPE’s certificate course in dialysis technology helps you become a professional dialysis technician who is well-trained to assist dialysis specialists in dialysis therapies and procedures. Our students learn with the most advanced techniques and equipment which are in accordance to international standards.
A dialysis technician is responsible for providing dialysis treatment for patients with kidney failure, attaching dialyzer and tubing to the machine, and assembling it for use. Their responsibilities also include assembling and maintaining dialysis machines, monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment, and maintaining the highest safety and cleanliness standards when operating the machines.
This certification will help you land an entry-level job at hospitals and clinics providing dialysis treatment to patients suffering from kidney failure.
A dialysis technician needs to have a thorough knowledge of dialysis machine functions and interaction with the human body, which this certificate course in Dialysis Technology will help in.
- Equipment setup including cleaning and sterilizing dialysis machine
- Attaching dialyzer and tubing to the machine, and assembling it for use
- Understanding safety precautions
- Preparing patient physically for dialysis and explain the procedure
- Measuring patient’s vital signs before, during, and after dialysis
- Administration of treatment to patients with kidney failure or chronic kidney disease using venipuncture
- Monitoring patients, checking blood pressure, and obtaining pertinent health information
- Handling stressful reactions from dealing with individuals who have chronic or end-stage kidney issues daily
Dialysis technician job opportunities are growing as the population is aging and more people require dialysis, hence the role of a dialysis technician is crucial in the paramedical industry. The Dialysis technician can go off to working in private, government, and corporate hospitals, nursing homes, nephrologist’s clinics, and diagnostic centers after this course. There is a dearth of skilled and qualified Dialysis Technicians in the country. However, this dearth also means the opportunities are many and the chances of getting employed are also high.