- Instructor: Scope College
- Duration: 6 months
- Eligibility: HSC (any stream)
- Mode: Offline
Phlebotomist will work as one of health care team. OPD in Hospitals, Nursing homes, Blood donation Centre’s & Private collection Centre of Diagnostics companies. He/she can have home visit for collection of specimen for disable patient.
- Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Verifies patient identification and explains sampling procedures to patients.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures, and observing isolation procedures.
- Transportation of specimens adhering to proper procedures and maintaining temperature
- One of the benefits of a role as a Phlebotomist is the number of options available when it comes to advancing your career ie into Medical Lab Technician, Lab Incharge, Lab Manager. Generally, these options include taking up a management or supervisory positions based on working with number of experience.