- Instructor: Scope College
- Duration: 1 year (2 semesters) followed by Project work
- Eligibility: A Qualified Graduate holding degree in Science/Applied Science/ Bachelors in Medical Lab Technology from any University of repute
- Mode: Offline
A Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Lab Technology is a course that envisages building overall expertise in the student performance of Medical Services, especially special tests. The students would be capable of performing a range of tests such as those related to clinical biochemistry, hematology, serology, cytogenetics in an emergency situation.
- Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Designing and executing laboratory testing according to standard procedures.
- make sure the employees follow industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of test samples.
- Are responsible for purchasing lab supplies or preparing ordering lists.
- Provides medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services to staff
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, and instrumentation.
- Establishes quality standards to maintain medical laboratory equipment performance
After completing this course, you may find a job at the following places –
- Candidates have great career opportunities both in the government and private medical sectors.
- One will be able to get Paramedical Council Registration
- One can apply for post-graduation or masters in the fields with the subjects studied in the diploma too. There are numerous private medical laboratories, hospitals, clinics, blood banks, pathology, etc which they can join.