- Instructor: Scope College
- Duration: 12 months
- Duration: 1 year
- Eligibility: 10th – Pass / Fail, 12th any stream
- Mode: Online/ Offline available
Surgery requires a team of professionals; people to set up the operating room and equipment, someone to prep the patient, a surgeon, surgical nurses, surgical assistants, and anesthesia technicians who ensure that the patient is out cold and feels none of the pain of what’s going on.
All of these surgical team professionals have a major part to play in the healthcare industry, and an anesthesia technician is an allied healthcare worker who performs a patient’s care role by predominantly assisting with the administration and monitoring of anesthesia. The technician has extensive knowledge of anesthesia techniques, instruments, supplies, and technology.
Anesthesia technicians’ responsibilities include:
- Preparing equipment in the operating room
- Maintaining equipment and troubleshooting as necessary
- Testing and maintaining equipment ahead of surgery
- Managing operating room supply inventory
- Preparing anesthesia drugs under the direction of the anesthesiologist
- Connecting and operating equipment that monitors patients’ vital signs during surgery
- Assisting with IVs and airway devices
- Helping to transfer patients to post-op care rooms
The requirement of Anesthesia technician is increasing not only in India but also in foreign countries
They get employment in medical universities and schools, public sectors, outpatient care centers, specialty hospitals, offices of physicians.
They can also work as a volunteer in any local hospitals or at a health care clinic to gain experience. Other opportunities may exist in the research field & projects.