- Instructor: Scope College
- Duration: 12 months
- Eligibility: 10th – Pass / Fail, 12th any stream
- Mode: Online & Offline available
Today, a well-learned and professional patient care assistant is more in demand than ever. The industry has realised the importance of training patient care assistants scientifically to make sure they’re always on their toes and are comforting and reassuring to the patients.
The training program trains the candidates to help patients with daily routines, hygiene & medical needs. The course familiarises students with the basics of caring for patients and providing safety, comfort, and how to help patients with activities of daily living.
- Taking vital signs and recording this information on a medical chart
- Assisting with the collection of lab specimens
- Transporting patients to and from operating rooms, laboratories, and examining rooms
- Helping with bathing and grooming tasks
- Feeding patients
- Ensuring that any special dietary needs are strictly adhered to
Students who pursue a Certificate course in Patient Care Assistant have multiple employment opportunities to grab. They can work alongside or under the supervision of qualified nurses (RNs) and doctors. The patient care assistants are usually a part of the nursing teams serving at hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes.